(Last revised Febuary 2018)
- Scripin Weddings mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded a copy on to your smartphone (Device);
- the service and features (Service) accessible through the App in relation to and during an event which you are attending and for which we have been contracted to supply the Service (Event).
The App and the Service may only be used at an Event. The purposes of the Service include the sharing of photos and videos of the Event and its attendees between its attendees and (where permitted) on social media, the commenting on and interaction with such media, the sharing of that media and other content at the Event on screens at the Event (which may include display with sponsored material), the running of competitions at the Event (where applicable), and the collation of that media and its availability after the Event to the Event Data Controller (defined below) and to you and other attendees of the Event, for export by the Event Data Controller and for the purchase of printed products by any of you.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998:
- in respect of the processing of any personal data contained in Personal Information or Content (as described below) in relation to a specific Event (including for the provision of the Service in relation to the Event), the data controller will be one or more third parties involved in the organisation, promotion or operation of that Event, as should have been notified to you (Event Data Controller)
- we, Ruud Enterprise Ltd (we, our or us) of 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, United Kingdom, are the data controller in respect of:
- the processing of any personal data contained in Personal Information (as described below) for any other purposes described in this policy; and
- the processing of any personal data contained in any Additional Information, App Activity, Device Information, Log Information or Unique Application Numbers (as described below) for any purposes described in this policy.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect
The following data may be collected and processed about you and others:
|Personal Information||· Information that the Event Data Controller has collected about you, including your name, e-mail address and phone number, which it may supply to us to invite you to download the App for a particular Event.|
· Information that you provide at the time of registering to use the Service or when updating your personal profile, including your name, e-mail address, password and profile photograph. You can update this information in your personal profile at any time.
|· Content that you contribute to the Service. This may include photos and videos of an Event, likes of or comments on your media or other attendees’ media, and any information contained in such content, including the identities of other attendees at the Event and information about them. You confirm that you have the consent of any such attendee to share media featuring them or information about them.|
The content you contribute is designed to be shared with other people at the Event, whether through the Service and/or on screens at the Event. You should ensure that you do not contribute any content that you do not (or any person about whom the data is about does not) want to be seen or shared by other people at the Event. Your content might be shared or copied by other attendees at the Event and by those they have shared it with.
· Content that others may contribute about you to the Service, again including photos, videos, likes or comments relating to that event, and information contained in that content, such as your identity.
· We also record the time and date that content was contributed or interacted with.
|Location Information||· We may record the location at which you or other attendees have contributed any content. If you wish to permit this feature for content you contribute, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent by updating the relevant settings on the Device.|
|Additional Information||· A record of any correspondence if you contact us.|
· Information you provide when entering into any competitions or promotions we notify you about or when completing any surveys we carry out for research purposes, if you choose to do so.
|App Activity||· A record of your visit to and your activity on the App or when you use the Service, such as:|
o your contribution or viewing of content in relation to an Event and your interactions or sharing of such content;
o your ordering of printed products;
o response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages;
o traffic data, weblogs, other communication data and the resources and pages that you access.
|Log Information||· Information in server logs in relation to when you use the Service or view content on it.|
|Unique Application Numbers||· When you install or uninstall the App containing a unique application number or when the App searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.|
You may not contribute content featuring, or information about, a child under the age of 13, without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) means information, where it can be linked to a person’s identity, on racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, or commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or criminal proceedings.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches.
Uses made of the information
Information about you may be used in the following ways:
- To allow you to participate in and use the Service and, where relevant, to send notifications to your Device if you have opted to receive them;
- To allow the Event Data Controller to use the Service in relation to the Event and to provide support functions to the Event Data Controller;
- To notify you about competitions or promotions that may be of interest to you or ask you to complete surveys in relation to the App and the Service;
- To ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for your Device;
- To provide you with information that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To maintain, update, protect and improve the App or the Service;
- To notify you about changes or updates to the App or the Service or any of our terms or policies.
We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to the Service. We may also contact you by electronic means where you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data any of these ways, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
Your information may be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any content you contribute in relation to an Event will be available to other attendees at the Event through the Service and/or may be displayed on screens at the Event. The Service also allows you and other attendees to share your and their content on social media websites and applications;
- Your personal information and all content contributed by you and all other attendees’ content will be available during and after the Event to, and for export by, the Event Data Controller and/or for ordering printed products. We may also provide the Event Data Controller with analytics relating to the use of the Service at the Event but this contains no personal data;
- Your personal information and all content contributed by you will also be available during and after the Event to all other attendees to view and/or for ordering printed products;
- To business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract to supply the Service for the Event or for the improvement or promotion of the Service;
- By the Event Data Controller and other attendees at the Event to any third party printer partner through whom printed products incorporating content contributed by you or featuring you may be ordered;
- To analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the App and the Service;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- In order to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers or others.
We may disclose your information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
Deleting your content and information
You may delete any content you have contributed relating to an Event using the App at any time during the specified period that the Service is ‘live’ for the Event and you have access to it. This will mean that other attendees will no longer be able to see or use the relevant content through the Service (although it may have already been shared or copied by any attendee). It will still, however, be available to the Event Data Controller. It may still exist on a back-up copy for the Service but this will not be available to others. After your access to the Event has ended, you will not be able to access or delete your content.
Once the Event has ended, your personal information and content will available with that of other attendees:
- for export by the Event Data Controller or for the Event Data Controller to order printed products incorporating your content, for a period of 6 months after the Event;
- (excluding any content you have deleted) for other attendees to view such content and order printed products incorporating such content for a period of 6 after the Event.
A back-up copy of all personal information and content in relation to an Event shall be held by us for a maximum of 12 months (or sooner if the Event Data Controller asks us to delete it) and then deleted.
You may delete the App at any time if you wish, which will invalidate your account. You may delete your account by contacting us at email@example.com. In either case, your personal information will still be available with any content you have contributed, to the Event Data Controller and other attendees during and after the Event. Any content you have previously deleted will only be available to the Event Data Controller. We may retain your personal information for the prevention or investigation of any crime or for the marketing purposes you have consented to in this policy. The information may also still exist on a back-up copy for the Service, but this will not be available to others.
Some information cannot be deleted, for example, if your content or information has been re-shared with others (for example, on social media) or was copied or stored by others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Service may, from time to time, contain links to other websites or applications (for example, social media). If you follow a link to any of these, please note that these websites or applications and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or applications.
Our Privacy Statment
Who are we?
We are Scripin Weddings registered company name Ruud Enterprise Ltd, at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ZA054166). We are dedicated to protecting your personal information, which will be processed in accordance with this privacy notice.
What personal data are we collecting?
We will collect your name, email address, wedding date and telephone number.
Why do we need to collect personal data? Marketing:
You are registering your interest in our products and services, and it is our intention to contact you by email for the purpose of marketing those products and services.
The personal data we collect from you may be shared with outsourced marketing agencies instructed by us.
We use various cloud service providers for CRM, information management, marketing reporting, and backup services. Your personal data may be stored in those systems.
These third parties will not contact you directly or process your data for any purpose other than that for which they have been instructed by us.
If we wish to pass your personal data onto a third party for any purpose other than those stated in this notice we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do so.
Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the EEA unless the destination country is subject to an adequacy decision or appropriate safeguards.
How long will you keep it for?
We will endeavour not to keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases, we will use our discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
You may request that your data be deleted from our systems at any time.
What are my rights?
We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for these purposes, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Our aim is not to be intrusive. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
As a data subject, you have rights:
- The right of access – you may request access to your data
- The right to rectification – if your data is wrong, you may request it is corrected
- The right to erasure – you may request your data be erased
- The right to restrict processing – you can ask us to stop using your data
- The right to data portability – you can ask for a copy of your data in a useful form
- The right to object – you can object if you unhappy how your data is being used
- The right to complain – if you are still not happy, you can complain to the ICO
If you are unsure of any of your rights, or have further questions please contact email@example.com