Scripin Event Policies – Currently being updated
(Last revised 15th April 2016)
- Scripin Events mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded a copy on to your smartphone (Device);
- the service and features (Service) accessible through the App in relation to and during an event which you are attending and for which we have been contracted to supply the Service (Event).
The App and the Service may only be used at an Event. The purposes of the Service include the sharing of photos and videos of the Event and its attendees between its attendees and (where permitted) on social media, the commenting on and interaction with such media, the sharing of that media and other content at the Event on screens at the Event (which may include display with sponsored material), the running of competitions at the Event (where applicable), and the collation of that media and its delivery to the Event Data Controller (defined below) after the Event.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998:
- in respect of the processing of any personal data contained in Personal Information or Content (as described below) in relation to a specific Event (including for the provision of the Service in relation to the Event), the data controller will be one or more third parties involved in the organisation, promotion or operation of that Event, as should have been notified to you (Event Data Controller);
- we, Ruud Enterprise Ltd (we, our or us) of 145-157 St John Street, London EC1V 4PW, United Kingdom, are the data controller in respect of:
- the processing of any personal data contained in Personal Information (as described below) for any other purposes described in this policy; and
- the processing of any personal data contained in any Additional Information, App Activity, Device Information, Log Information or Unique Application Numbers (as described below) for any purposes described in this policy.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The following data may be collected and processed about you and others:
The content you contribute is designed to be shared with other people at the Event, whether through the Service and/or on screens at the Event. You should ensure that you do not contribute any content that you do not (or any person about whom the data is about does not) want to be seen or shared by other people at the Event. Your content might be shared or copied by other attendees at the Event and by those they have shared it with.
|Unique Application Numbers|
You may not contribute content featuring, or information about, a child under the age of 13, without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Sensitive personal data
Sensitive personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) means information, where it can be linked to a person’s identity, on racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, political opinions, trade union membership, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, or commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or criminal proceedings.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches.
Uses made of the information
Information about you may be used in the following ways:
- To allow you to participate in and use the Service and, where relevant, to send notifications to your Device if you have opted to receive them;
- To notify you about competitions or promotions that may be of interest to you or ask you to complete surveys in relation to the App and the Service;
- To ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for your Device;
- To provide you with information that you request from us or that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To maintain, update, protect and improve the App or the Service;
- To notify you about changes or updates to the App or the Service or any of our terms or policies.
We may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to the Service. We may also contact you by electronic means where you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data any of these ways, please amend your privacy settings or contact us at email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
Your information may be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any content you contribute in relation to an Event will be available to other attendees at the Event through the Service and/or may be displayed on screens at the Event. The Service also allows you and other attendees to share your and their content on social media websites and applications;
- Your name, e-mail address and all content contributed by and all other attendees’ content will be available after the Event for export by the Event Data Controller, which is responsible for compliance with data protection law in respect of the processing of any personal data in it. We may also provide the Event Data Controller with analytics relating to the use of the Service at the Event but this contains no personal data;
- To business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract to supply the Service for the Event or for the improvement or promotion of the Service;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the App and the Service;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- In order to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers or others.
We may disclose your information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
Deleting your content and information
You may delete any content you have contributed relating to an Event using the App at any time during the specified period that the Service is ‘live’ for the Event and you have access to it. This will mean that the Event Data Controller and any attendees will no longer be able to see or use the relevant content through the Service (although it may have already been shared or copied by any attendee). It may still exist on a back-up copy for the Service but this will not be available to others. After your access to the Event has ended, you will not be able to access or delete your content.
Once the Event has ended, your personal information and content (excluding any content you have deleted) will available with that of other attendees for export by the Event Data Controller for a period of 3-12 months, depending on the terms of our contract with them. A back-up copy of all personal information and content in relation to an Event shall be held by us for 12 months (or such shorter period required by the Event Data Controller) and then deleted.
You may delete the App, which deletes your account, at any time if you wish. Your personal information will still be available with any content you have contributed, to the Event Data Controller during and after the Event. We may retain your personal information for the prevention or investigation of any crime or for the marketing purposes you have consented to in this policy. The information may also still exist on a back-up copy for the Service, but this will not be available to others.
Some information cannot be deleted, for example, if your content or information has been re-shared with others (for example, on social media) or was copied or stored by others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Service may, from time to time, contain links to other websites or applications (for example, social media). If you follow a link to any of these, please note that these websites or applications and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these them. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or applications.